First and foremost, it’s not affordable!
I would like to know the very specific problems folks have with the Affordable Care Act. The problems of Obamacare that I hear seem to be general and over reaching.
Please be as specific as you can.
Beyond the overwhelming public support of most of the provisions, last week revealed more positive side effects:
* Medicare solvency is increasing because of the act
* California Health Plan Exchange plans had more coverage and less cost than expected
* Tom Friedman’s “Other Surprise” of the ACA in a May 25th NYT column on the new innovation and start-ups in health.
So, what specifically is the problem?
Funding is a huge problem with obamacare he has already set in place a plan that will wipe out medicare and it doesn’t even touch what is needed to even begin to finance this fiasco.
Socialized medicine has been tried in countless countries and has failed miserably. England has what is a mixed form of it, but it is basically private insurance backed up with some Socialized medicine mixed in and it is still bankrupting them. England has a huge income tax just to keep the socialized medicine going. It is basically an economic money pit that more and more money is dumped into by continually increasing income taxes.
They are already feeling the effects of Romneycare in Massachusetts.
The problem is funding….funding….funding.
I will give you 10 reasons off the top of my head:
1. Preexisting condition coverage will be limited.
2. Rising premiums for healthy, young, non smoking individuals.
3. At least 20 new taxes on American people
4. Limiting of treatment options from doctors, including prescriptions
5. The IRS is involved
6. Paperwork burdens on all health care related businesses
7. Crushing small businesses by forcing them to provide health care for all their employees or face penalties
8. Giving millions more health care will only worsen our doctor shortage.
9. Over 1 trillion dollars in government spending
10. Oh and of course, the government overhaul of an entire industry. Can’t wait for our health care to be run like our DMV’S, Post office, social security, The government has proven to be inefficient, why let them seize our health care industry??
My biggest problem with ObamaCare is that it doesn’t do anything for doctors & actual healthcare providers. Imagine a hundred new patients suddenly showing up at a hospital but there aren’t any new doctors or nurses. Suddenly the hospital is severely understaffed. Now multiply that to cover the entire nation. The worst part about this: it’s not fair to the hundred new patients.
My problem is this….. why would we want to expand the power of the Govt. and the IRS, when they are already out of control? The IRS is targeting the tea part, and other liberty based groups, so why would you want to extend their overreach into your life? I know I don’t.
And what I also don’t want to do is pay for it. It is not my responsibility to pay for anyone’s health care but my own.
I agree with almost every comment. I know a guy who is chief of staff of a hospital system. He suspects 1/3 of hospitals will close down because of Obamacare. But my FIRST complaint goes way back to Nancy Pelosi saying to Congress, Let’s pass it and then you can read it! Insane comment; even more insane reality.
Like @domouano Good point. Just wondering if it is better that those hundred people get some health care instead of no health care and end up in the hospital, costing a lot more.
@mamajay Your friend the chief of staff at a hospital may be correct. Any hospital that goes out of business because we are transitioning from a sickness management system to a health care system (to keep people out of the hospital) is a good thing.
@jlriggs57aol-com The reason Medicare solvency is increasing is that we are saving money though Obamacare.
I’ll get to @twocents later….
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.